Monday, June 19, 2017

Was not looking forward to spending the day in the History Room yesterday- the forecast was for 9 degrees and cloudy so it should have been horribly chilly. As it was, it was sunny and warm so more than pleasant - the more so as I had not a single visitor. The result was sufficient light grey wool now spun to finish off the fair isle vest, and several more panels of patterns added to the same. I am now three panels from where the steeks begin, so be prepared for bad language as that progresses.

Since i had lost the small ball of light grey that remained I turned out both the bags I cart around and sorted their contents. Things tend to get shoved into one or the other as I pack up at the end of the day and chaos was reigning. I had found a fine DPN down on the oval as I walked Seb and brought it home. Turns out it was the missing one from the sock I started - I must have shoved it in my back pocket during one of those frenzied packing orgies. So that has been returned to the sock, the other set of DPNs has been returned to the needle drawer, and the two WIP are in one bag with the fair isle and its various balls of wool in the other. The other two WIPs are the sock and the second sleeve of the guernsey jumper I have been knitting for months (or is it years now?). Both get attention from time to time and will doubtless get finished at some future point - I would like to get the jumper done for this winter, so should perhaps give it some priority, lol. Still working on the increase rows, so it does require a bit of attention.

Today is also lovely and sunny but with a fairly strong nip in the air that discourages activity. So I have been reading, knitting, preparing a pork rump slow roast (now in the oven) and generally faffing about. Oh, I did get some wood in too.

3 comments:

  1. But you've kept your loyal readers in suspense.... Did you find the small ball of grey wool in your bag turnout? And you must have been going
    like stink to get up to the steeks already - seems like very quick progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did find the small grey ball of wool and have used it up - I also spun some additional yarn but it has turned out to be rather darker, so I will now have to spin some more in a paler shade. Striking a happy medium between almost white and pale darker grey is a challenge in a varied fleece base.
    I have yet to reach the steeks - about another 8 rows which can not progress till more wool is spun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Jo. I'm looking forward to the steeks. I keep meaning to try to make a good sized garment in fairisle but somehow get diverted....

      Delete