Saturday, June 3, 2017

Today was the day to go back to the Campbell Town Show to collect my exhibits.

It was a gorgeous sunny day (for a nice change) and the drive up was only interrupted by having to clean the bank, and the inevitable eternal road works (astonishingly they were working today too!). Campbell Town is in the Northern Midlands, and you can tell - up there the farmers are much sleeker, wear more expensive clothes, and their women all look impeccably groomed (we are a rather hairier lot in the Southern Midlands). It was a lovely country show with woodchopping, shearing events and even a Smithfield Colly class. And I had the obligatory Dagwood Dog that I continue to digest in interrupted phases.

Here are some pics to encourage you to make the effort next year - a lovely day out and if you get bored with the show there is plenty of other stuff to do in Campbell Town.









 The photos on the right are my entries in the "Farmscape" class - sadly also-rans.
 The Wool-craft section was particularly well represented thanks to advertising on the Australian Spinners FB page and elsewhere! Some really lovely garments on display!






 And of course endless displays of wonderful fleeces and sheepies.




 Here I have recorded evidence of a Liberal member showing an unhealthy interest in being educated about alternative sustainable fuel sources.















But I guess, like me, you want to know how I went. I astonished myself I have to say, given that I only put in entries to make up the numbers and had no expectations of prizes.







So that was my day - I am now sitting in front of the fire patiently waiting to get out my 2.75, 60cm circular needle to start casting on for my vest!

1 comment: