Saturday, June 17, 2017

I succeeded in killing the new vaccum cleaner (temporarily) so, after washing the air filter, set to work with the industrial strength model, aided and abetted by a new head from the new machine. Finally made some progress, and now the lounge and kitchen/bathroom area are dustfree and while still cluttered it is a fairly orderly clutter.

Between this I have been entertaining the chap who is going to help me put up the awning, but he measured the location of the concrete pads and they are 500mm too far from the house! Since the eaves are only 600 mm it is not ideal, so today I headed down to Hobart and talked to the shed people. They are sending someone to put in new pads, but can not give me a time.

The vinyl people failed to confirm if they were coming so I have a bit of extra time to sort out the space they will be working in, so I also bought a pot of paint to do the back wall of the kitchen.

I have to confess I have been hypnotised by the horror of Grenfell Towers (having been around those parts while in London) and watching the various rushings for cover by various responsible parties. I suspect terrorists are the least of London's problems if the Tories don't get their shit together and a pull a compassionate response out of their pockets.

Weather has been amazingly mild lately, despite the odd hard frost - and very little in the way of rain. Not a bad thing at this time of year since not much is growing anyway, and the heavy dews are more than adequate to the task.

3 comments:

  1. No rain here either. The situation is London is dreadful. Those poor people! It would be good to see some of the austerity wound back in the light of this negligence

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too need rain and if we could get some the pasture would still grow as it's not been too cold (yet). Agree about the situation in London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If TM does not act, she will be the cause of the much delayed English Revolution, the way tempers are running in London. So glad I am not there now.

    ReplyDelete