Friday, January 1, 2016

On closer inspection my pine chests of drawers are completely unsuited to having the treatment I had in mind as the detailing on the drawers is far too fussy and it provides no plane surfaces for that lovely fall of leaves. But .... thinking of pokerwork and such like, the convolvulus flower could be adapted to the bigger drawer immediately below the two smaller drawers - done in sepia ink with thin colour washes as is done with pokerwork it would be very subtle and, I think, rather nice. Particularly if  I also 'antiqued' the details of the mouldings as well. So that will be something to think about.

It was very hot last night so I actually did see the New Year in, and a couple of hours after that as well. This meant I finally got to see and hear what the rest of the neighbours complain about which I usually sleep through. No idea what the fuss is about. One over-revved car at 12:30, one screaming fire rocket at 1:30 and that was pretty well it. I guess some people are too easily upset.

I had two cottages to deal with today and the guests in the third cottage wanted advice on where to eat tonight.... always a tricky one as I have yet to dine out in Oatlands and the scene at the local pub is not something I would be comfortable inflicting on tourists. Then I noticed them draping damp washing around the place and suggested they might want to use the clothesline in the back paddock - they were worried the sheep would attack them or eat their clothes........... sigh. That sorted out I came home, had a walk with the dog and am now wondering what to have for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment