The hot today only lasted till lunchtime when a storm brought blessed relief (and localised flooding). Much cooler outside now, but still pretty hot indoors. I will open a few windows later when I get back from cleaning the bank.
While visiting my friend yesterday I discovered the husband of another friend has up and left her in search of a younger woman, so I called in to see how she was getting along today and discovered she has no idea how to do many things simply because her husband has always done them. So I have given her my phone number so I can go in and show her how to change gas bottles when the time comes, and so forth. She is also considering a lawn mower. I suggested she get a self-propelled one as she has a number of physical problems that would make mowing difficult for her. Then I discovered she has half an acre to deal with, so I may revise that advice and suggest a ride-on. The nice man at our local BP can keep and eye out for a cheap secondhand one for her.
Home for a few dog walks and reading a book. I have been working my way through the Rosemary Sutcliffe books (eagle of the ninth etc) and, having run out of the ones in that series am presently reading Mark of the Horselord which I had not enjoyed on the first reading, but which is growing on me this time around.
I am looking forward to a cooler night, that is for sure. Last night was sheets only, and even they were only deployed after midnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment