Bit weary tonight. The weather has packed up once more and the wind and rain were quite awe inspiring at times. I went up to Ross to meet with a supporter (who has kindly donated $100 toward my campaign, so I felt it was worth the extra distance) and we sat and chatted for some time. She has provided me with some signs and will organise for them to be erected in conspicuous (to locals) locations.
While there I collected a peppered streak (sic) pie and a large bacon quiche. The pie was delicious for lunch! A quarter of the quiche is heating in the woodheater at the moment. The doorknocking in Tunbridge which was quite exciting - the wind tried to throw me off my feet several times, and then the rain (and hail and sleet) descended. By the time I got to the southern end of town I was looking more like a drowned rat than a council candidate so I simply letterboxed them. But I found several receptive homes that invited me in to share their heaters and to talk about life the universe and everything.
I gave the households on the way south a miss as they are all establishment multigenerational Liberal voters and scurried home to light the fire.
The dogs had a quick run around the oval before I came in to check my FB page (just in case of unpleasantness that needed to be deleted) and then took Seb and Shadow for a stroll around the oval, then Seb for a longer walk. Got home just as the rain resumed, so that was good timing!
No comments:
Post a Comment