The mornings of late have been fairly crispy and a clear sky is always a sign of frost, as you know. The other morning there was a crescent moon on its back (which is supposed to mean no rain, but clearly it got its messages crossed as yesterday was wet, with 16 mm falling). And Venus looking particularly fine.
At the bank this morning I found large dark footprints on the carpet, which did not respond to the vacuum cleaner at all well. This is them after I vacced:
I puzzled over what to do with them, then decided to try running the wet mop over them. A book I read recently has a policeman whose mother is a professional cleaner and he mentioned, when examining a crime scene that she wet mops carpet before vacuuming, so I thought it was worth a try. No idea if it has worked - will find out on Friday when I go back and the carpet is a bit drier.
Then I checked the letter box and discovered I had my new neighbours'
mail, so I dropped it over to them. They showed me the work they are
doing and what they plan to do in the future, and then showed me some
bones they had found which they thought might be human (apparently there
is a ghost of a child in the house, and they were worried this might be
part of her. Most are animal bones, for certain, but three of them have
me mildly concerned. One is the inner part of a pelvis and seems too
big for a sheep and too small for a cow, there is a rib (but I think
human ribs are flatter in profile) and possibly a radius (or is it
ulnar) from a fore-arm. I have sent the images to a friend who is an
archaeologist, but he knows even less about bones than me (I at least
studied animal physiology at Ag College all those years ago), so I am at
a loss as to what to do with them. They are presently on the kitchen
table as not even Seb is interested in chewing them (or perhaps he has
not found them yet).



Your posts are never dull!
ReplyDelete