I was just looking at my drivers licence and discovered it expires tomorrow. Apparently they don't tell you this any more - no notification in the mail at all. Just pure good luck I checked. So I guess I won't be going anywhere on Sunday (good thing too) and will have to get into town first thing Monday to sort it out before being inveigled into the Garden Tour we have going then.
Good thing I already cancelled my involvement at the Market on Sunday.
I have also worked out a potential solution on the computer thing as a friend who works for council has offered me his office to do the downloads and such like on his work computer. Phew. Being a week behind already has me a little frazzled. The Online centre is not open on Fridays so things were looking grim.
I had the bank to clean this morning and was then roped into cleaning two of the flats as my alternate had called in sick. Fortunately this meant I could be paid in cash which went straight into the bank. It also means I can now pay for the replacement licence, assuming it costs roughly the same as last time. Will have to check that out, I guess.
So another quiet day that went to bits. I will hopefully have a quiet afternoon and Sunday to make up for it and maybe even a decent signal.
Her over the road has sold up and is leaving town - she arrived about four years ago and has not been home often enough to catch up with that much. She is apparently to be replaced by an older couple (him with cancer) and a builder mate who will do work on the place preparing it for the future widow. An interesting choice of location, I will be interested to meet them. It would be nice to have someone more my age around the place with the potential for friendship.
So another day bites the dust and I am not terribly much furrider, but at least have a direction in which to head now.
Glad you realised in time about your license as the same thing happened to me and some over zealous police officer thought I needed to be charged and go to court. After months waiting for my court day, stewing! I finally made an appearance and came up after a person who had damaged a police car and an ambulance at a domestic violence scene. The judge just laughed and threw it out of court. I had suffered many sleepless nights and worried myself sick, not ever having anything to do with court in the past. I was so angry at the waste of public money and time as I had to take the day off school to attend and the school had to pay for a relief teacher for the day.
ReplyDeleteI had a similar experience the first time I took a speeding ticket to court. All earlier cases had been such repeat offenders they did not need to be introduced to the judge. I was so flustered I tried to speak out of turn when the policeman read his report. It was factually so incorrect I could not sit back and not contradict it. The judge was very nice and explained proper procedure to me and then let me off with half the fine that was proposed originally. The policeman was given a ticking off. Turns out my mail today was rego renewal, not licence renewal, so I am still wondering where it got to. Neville the postman is very reliable in that regard.
ReplyDelete