Thursday, August 1, 2013

Today was going to report face to face with Centrelink day, so one on which I had to be on best behaviour. I decided that since I had to drive all the way to Hobart (again) I might as well hand deliver my resumes to the Councils en route. So I spent the morning trying to bind them. The ones printed out by Workskills, despite several days of being weighted down flat, were a bit too curly to achieve a neat binding, so I ended up printing out some on my own printer after all. Their office is in a timber building and only used one day a week - hence the curly printer paper). Bound, they look relatively professional. So after my meeting I set off to find Brighton Council Chambers (cunningly hidden on the outskirts of Bridgewater) and having got that far, continued to Clarence Council (which I had difficulty finding as the building I thought it was in was hidden behind a work site with no visible approaches or parking). From there to Glenorchy and so back to Bridgewater to do the shopping I had forgotten to do while I was there earlier. Final call was Southern Midlands Council Kempton office where I gave it to the planner, having concluded their heritage officer simply calls the first friend whose skill set seems to vaguely fill the bill. Also chatted to their community officer about the Gardens a bit more in preparation for our meeting which has been rescheduled to next Tuesday now. Home via the little wood man at Brighton who does spectacular kindling, but this time it was to buy a bag of wood (also always well-seasoned and cut to a sensible length) which will (hopefully) sit in reserve for those days when cutting wood is just not on. Probably a particularly useful purchase as the predicted snow is now officially on the forecast for Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment