Sunday, February 10, 2019

Still no response from the owner of the chooks, but I am disconcerted by the sudden severing of the relaxed, friendly relationship I had with the owner's father who is a regular stop on Seb's walk. He is harnessed into body harness (with a lead) and collar (with a second lead) so it should be apparent I am making an effort to avoid a repetition.

Yesterday I took off down to Old Beach to visit with a friend and en route called into Mangalore kennels to book him in for obedience training (so we can work on come-when-called in a confined space. The first lesson is booked for Monday week. Tomorrow being a public holiday and the rest of the week being fairly fully booked for both of us, that was the earliest opportunity.

Having visited my friend, sorted out the colour choices for the son's vest and her preferred patterns, I headed home, walked the dog and prepared to go out once more. It was an obscure invitation that I had originally ignored as Spam, coming via messenger and referring to the Supreme Court House by a different name. But as it turned out it was an invitation to an eclectic group of Oatlanders to music, dancing and soup. Despite our various backgrounds and ages and interests, it was a fun night. The music was good and while I forewent the dancing it was fun watching the pairs working out the complexities of the various dances.

No comments:

Post a Comment