Our Asian guests have an unfair (I think) reputation for being messier than our non-Asian guests. Yes, some of them are messy, but so too are some of our 'john smiths'. Anyway that being the case, Her Next Door took one look at the roster, saw there were seven Asians in last night and called in sick.
I was in the middle of making mud pies with dye and wool when the call came through, so I finished off what I was doing and left it to cool while I went in to see what needed doing. Apart from some neatly stacked but dirty dishes, they were the perfect guests - they even took their garbage out for me! Nevertheless it was three hours of work once I had dealt with the linen order that had also been delivered (lucky me). Since it was rather warm today, it became a bit of a laborious job, but it was finally finished and I came home to deal with the wool. Another side effect of the warm weather was that the wool had dried out completely and stuck to the pyrex dish I had microwaved it in. Finally worked out that if I added water it would come free which it did. So it was all dunked in warm water to rinse out excess dye, and set to dry which it seems to be doing at a remarkably rapid rate once more.
The boss had left me a Christmas present. Not the usual fruit cake from his mum, but some jars of home-made preserves. I can not imagine his mum feels much like cooking this year so soon after her husband's death.
I have been debating with myself when in the next four days I will clean the bank. I have decided to do it tonight as per the schedule simply because that frees all of tomorrow up for spinning. And since tomorrow will be at least as hot as today, I think sitting in a darkened house sounds pretty appealing right now.
I have opened the tops of all the windows, and it is amazing the difference having that side window installed has made in terms of achieving cross-ventilation. What was threatening to be a nasty hot night seems to be moderating now, and will hopefully cool down further before bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment