Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm a bit late this week - so late I nearly put it off until next year, lol. But lots of stuff to catch up with if I can remember it all.

Sunday, being Christmas Day was at Barbara's. A lovely cold lunch and heaps of food and conversation to make up for the fairly frenzied getting there process. The dog was left at home in the house, and the drive down was uneventful. I had to call into the flat to collect the chilled wine, but had decided to deliver stuff and collect other stuff as well, so was half way down Derwent Water Ave before I realised the wine was still the other side of the river. Fortunately I was running very early so had time to go back, collect it and head back to Barbs to arrive fashionably five minutes late.

The rest of the week has been running around catching up with stuff, two days of quilting (there is now all but a border of a raffle quilt) and chatting. The garden has been engulfed by growth due to the rain and heat so parts of the lower section are waist high in growth. Fortunately all still green.

I noticed Miss Congeniality has finally wrestled her back yard under control today and was running around taking lots of photos of how neat it was. No doubt the time she spent out of sight behind my shed was taking images of my back yard to compare and contrast. I am reliably informed she has free legal counsel now. Though juding by her latest letter I am not sure she is using it terribly effectively. Still, if she feels obliged to take endless photos, perhaps this is part of her approach - who knows? Do I care, in fact?

There has been little done Hall-wise apart from pulling together more history and history of the town as well. Did you know that the part of Parattah in which I live was the first subdivision of original grants outside the immediate vicinity of Hobart and Launceston?! I love Trove!

All manner of interesting info including finally some clarity as to how the lane was created. Amazing what you can find out when you poke around a bit.

Since it is apparent the committee has all been haring off in various directions to organise stuff that I am oblivious to, I have decided to knock up a couple of cushion covers as apparently the raffle is to have three prizes and I am not bunging in a $350 quilt for second prize ... better to have two raffles and two big prizes, the second and third prizes can be lesser value. And I will also be baking a boiled fruit cake monthly for a 50c raffle. All good fun!

2 comments:

  1. Have have a wonderful and productive New Year!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BB - same to you!! And to anyone silly enough to still be following this endless burbling...

    ReplyDelete