The weekend has been full of lots of assertive gardening on the other side of the fence, accompanied by lots of glares and evasive manoeuvres whenever I have gone out into my own garden (but nowhere near the fence). I did take advantage yesterday morning to spray a metre wide strip the entire length of the new fence so that the new hedge can go in (assuming the hedging guys ever get back to me, despite regular attempts on my part).
Two loads of washing, a trip to Hobart to view a bedsit and a visit to Jean's has been the lot for the weekend (well, apart from popping into Barbara's en route home from Hobart. The bedsit is in Battery Point (well, on the wrong side of Sandy Bay Road, at the bottom of Albuera Street and is fairly compact. The bathroom is to your right as you enter the living/sleeping area. That is on two levels so am planning to have table and chair at the entrance point and the bed on the lower level, closer to the kitchen. It also has a fridge which is a nice bonus. And a lemon tree outside the front door, plus a tiny spot to sit outdoors in of a summers evening. Heating is electric.
I advertised on Freecycle for a bed and had an offer within hours. Sadly it does not allow me to respond as it was sent from her phone and this seems to have implications ...? who knows how technology works. I sent another 'group' email but she has not responded, so no idea if I have a bed or not. Will soon sort out an inflateable or other alternative if necessary.
Nice sunny days with hard frosty nights at the moment. Has killed off some seedlings I forgot to protect last night, but the rest are coping nicely in their various substitute coldframes.
No comments:
Post a Comment